View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 08:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
bcfromfl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2015 PW Nismo 6MT
bcfromfl will become famous soon enoughbcfromfl will become famous soon enough

I've got a 2015 Nismo, and before I made some changes to the exhaust, in 70-75 degree temps I think it topped around 205-210 at constant highway speeds. It would also warm up fairly quickly to operating temps.

A few weeks ago I removed the cats and replaced with ART pipes, and put in the Garageline X and Mid-pipe combo, retaining the stock HKS muffler. Now, even in 90-degree temps, it never goes over 205, and it takes much longer to reach operating temps.

I don't know for certain, but does Nissan put in break-in oil from the factory...which is what gets changed out in the first oil change? If so, the extra friction might account for the increased temps. I would hope that your dealership replaced with synthetic oil -- I would check this. These engines really need the benefits of synthetic to operate at spec.

At any rate, compared with mine, you are running hot. Are there variances in the temperature sensors, and could both our cars be running identically? Perhaps. Unfortunately, your only choice for an aftermarket oil cooler is the 34-row, which would be overkill in your case.

I would check with your dealership, and see if there is a service bulletin on this issue. Be sure to report back what you find!
bcfromfl is offline   Reply With Quote