View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 07:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Koz1614
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370z Nismo
Koz1614 is on a distinguished road
Default 2017 370z Nismo Oil Temps (apology in advance!!)

Hey guys,

First post and I already know I am about to open the can of worms with the oil temp question haha..I have a 2017 370z Nismo with 1,000 miles on her..totally in love with this car and I haven't even gone WOT yet since I'm strictly following break in.

I have not seen any posts discussing oil temps on newer 2015+ Z's, especially Nismo models. I know all the components of the cars for the last 10 years are relatively the same across the board, and the oil coolers are not the greatest, however I still wanted to get some thoughts on my situation. So without further ado...lets get nuts...

What oil temp are you hitting on an average day cruising...Yesterday it was only 72ish here and I was hitting 220 on the way home (Highway driving 65mph, nothing above 4k, definitely some stop and go, 50min give or take commute) ...From what I hear the car starts to pull timing at 230..So if I'm hitting 220 driving like a granny..I can only think I'm going to be hitting 250+ driving on the aggressive side.. I mentioned to my service advisor when she went in for her first 6month oil change that the car feels sluggish in the afternoon compared to the power I'm slapping down first thing in the morning...not sure if this is more attributed to higher air intake temps since the car is sitting in the sun all day or higher than normal oil temps under "mild" driving...Again not trying to be a pain but its hard not to obsess a little when you paid 40k and are not out of break in yet. Thoughts??

Thanks guys!!
Koz1614 is offline   Reply With Quote