View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #26 (permalink)
Chupacabra
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z s M6
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah i played with the car a little on saturday, and in a matter of minutes i was up at 230-240 F.

So I went to the dealer to talk to them, and they said that a car normally runs at 200-210, when pushed this increases to 230-250. HE said it was perfectly normal for this, and showed me on a GTr they had on the shop. That thing would sit at 220 without really going over 5k rpm.

So I started looking around at other vehicles to see what is up. My shifter kart measured 260F, my Honda 600rr was at 210, and when riding at speed, cooled to 186. My neighbors mustang hovers at 285F, but that thing has something wrong with it.

on another note. if you look at the gauge itself. it goes from 100-300. with 200 right in the middle.

Now as an Engineer if I was to design tat gauge I would have the measurement be in the middle. That way when the car is running that needle is in the center, and at a quick glance you can now see if your running hot, or cool, without really having to look.

At least that how I do thing when I had race cars, set up all the gauges so the needles while operating pointed straight up. So when one was not pointing up you could tell really quick.

so thats all I have been able to figure out so far. I brought my Thermal DatAq with me to work, ill try and measure a 350 here, if the guy lets me do it.