View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 06:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Martijn_b
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z MB 6MT
Martijn_b has a reputation beyond reputeMartijn_b has a reputation beyond reputeMartijn_b has a reputation beyond reputeMartijn_b has a reputation beyond reputeMartijn_b has a reputation beyond reputeMartijn_b has a reputation beyond reputeMartijn_b has a reputation beyond reputeMartijn_b has a reputation beyond reputeMartijn_b has a reputation beyond reputeMartijn_b has a reputation beyond reputeMartijn_b has a reputation beyond repute
Default Marty's road to ~450WHP

Hi guys,

Just want to introduce myself and start a build thread here. Im Marty, from Europe, and next to cars love to race my bikes on racetracks. Two hours of driving brings me in the Nürburg area of Germany, which I visit a couple of time a year.

Introduction:

As soon as I purchased the car I already had in mind increasing power levels, but I first wanted to make exactly sure that the car was aesthetically perfect and technically stable and well serviced.

First modifcations:

Exterior:
  • Resprayed rear bumper: the PDC sensors have been removed but the job wasn't done professionally
  • Resprayed rear trunk lid: i removed the rear screen wiper so got this cleaned and resprayed
  • Resprayed door handles: I like a blacked out look and had the door handles resprayed to magnetic black
  • Powdercoated the silver 19 inch Rays to NISMO anthracite
  • Replaced the stock spoiler with a NISMO spoiler from thespoilercompany on eBay
  • Tinted the windows to aid the blacked-out look

Interior:
  • Had the steering rack modified in order to move the steering wheel +- 2,5" my way for a better driving position (i'm 6"3 but like the wheel close to me)
  • Fit rear view camera kit: ordered, still need to install

Maintenance:
  • Fitted new rear tires. I went with Hankook Evo S2 285/35/19

More horses
So with a lot of cosmetics done and having the car as I want it on the outside, it will be time to look into upgrading power.

My requirements:
  • Needs to provide predictable power output
  • Looking for around 425-450 wheel horsepower
  • Dont want to open the block

For now I am doubting between 1) Topgunz SC kit, 2) Boosted performance single turbo, 3) A used GTM stage 1.5 kit

Last edited by Martijn_b; 12-28-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Martijn_b is offline   Reply With Quote