View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 04:33 AM   #154 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
Yes, Nissan does care about market-share. What I said was that Nissan isn’t going to care about an individual that gets PO-ed for whatever reason and swears off Nissan. You have those people that are like “I’m never buy Nissan again!”, to which Nissan really wouldn’t care because they will always have others that will buy from them. For example, I have a few condo’s that I rent out and do have some bad tenants. They gripe and b*tch over petty sh!t, always pay late, get quite a few complaints from the HOA about them, and threaten to move out, and I couldn’t care less. I know that I will have someone else that will rent it if they do decide to vacate.
Yup, I think that attitude is pretty clear in Nissan’s business practices.
Who’s to say they are wrong? I’ve been jerked around by them (corporate and dealerships - plural) for decades, and still own two. Shame on me!

Truth is, they (Nissans) are a (pretty) good product, at a decent price. The difference in your analogy, though, is that you have a very limited number of residential units. Nissan does not sell 100% of its manufacturing capacity. OTOH, if they have to drop pricing to to that, it might not be worth the effort.

A rising tide floats all boats. When the Hyundai’s and Kias of the world come up with well priced and well built, good driving cars, every manyfacturer needs to up their game just that much more. Wait another 30 years, until the Chinese makers are there!!!
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote