View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute

TwisTEDinLV,

Since your post I've searched 3 different Nissan Parts sources ... and none of them support that part number.

I know that's what's stamped on the back of the part, but it is unobtainable from Nissan as a separate part. It, I believe, is only purchased as part of the entire roof assembly. As crazy as that sounds, that's how Nissan has approached many of the parts for the convertible top.

You have 4 choices: - buy the entire top assembly for some $13 000
- find a wrecked convertible for the part
- search eBay for the part
- or fix yours with a high quality two part automotive epoxy.

Using whatever small broken pieces you have, as well as the cover on the opposite side of the car as a copy, use the epoxy to harden into the rough shape for the fastening portions of the cover. Then using a Dremmel tool, shape them to size and shape and drill any holes for the fasteners as needed.

These new automotive epoxy are amazing. With properly prepped broken surfaces, the epoxy can adhere to anything and become part of the fixture, and is even stronger than the original material.

Gene
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote