View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 11:27 AM   #103 (permalink)
Girald
Base Member

Drives: 15' 370z SpTech 6MT
Girald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcfrasier1 View Post
Want to get my Z up to about 550+whp. Got my Z for relatively cheap w low miles but the downside is automatic. Plan on doing a tranny swap this coming summer. Would like to know where to start to get to the 550 whp most efficiently. Was considering a 60trim turbo +15psi. Have read a bit just building the bottom end alone will give you good results with running a proportional turbo to it.
If you are going to go single, look at boosted performance... A twin scroll is a nice way to get that full powerband out of a single.

Im planning on 550whp....
Fuel system will consist of: walbro 450 fuel pump, CJM return kit w rails, idx1050 injectors, hks plugs step cooler. Ill revisit pump voltage if it becomes a factor. ((running both e85 and 91 pump gas maps))

Oil system: 2 setrab 32 row coolers (using a stillen front facia (nose) ) with a thermostat to elimiinate one when cold. and custom sized AN-10 hoses and fittings. Pan spacer of course threaded for returns and temp gauge... Do i need to sump.. ill have to look at that before i close up the pan. i might contact nasa-specZ for if its going to be needed.

The turbo kit itself is aam featuring the BW 6758 EFR turbos with embedded wastegates and recirc . (might consider external if logged data on the track shows problems on constant gear transitions) Im getting 3" aam exhaust to go w it.

Other considerations: ill prob get the fly1 vented hood to eliminate some heat soak and upgraded rad for the power steering and possibly 1 for the trans..... I will get the housings and pipes ceramic coated to keep a bit of heat transfer down. Still deciding if i need speed sensors w gauge... BW doesnt seem to think so, since this model turbo prob wont peak @ my power goals with a twin setup, even at altitude.

Gauge-wise: i swapped my 3 stooges for BF Defi gauges already (Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Coolant Temp <block to Rad reading> I also have a single pillar with an inovate ECB1 ( most minimal approach i could find since i prefer a more oem look)

Misc: suspension will come later but im planning on going SPLparts and Koni/swift ...