View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 02:19 PM   #574 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by James10694 View Post
I was using some DEI heat sheaths for the vacuum lines. I should have wrapped or ceramic coated the turbo manifold. I even bought the heat wrap but I never got around to doing it. Big mistake.

I moved my transmission harness as far away as I could from the manifold. What kind of symtpoms were you showing before and when it failed? My brake light comes on under acceleration and a couple times my traction control light and yaw sensor light came on. Everyone seems to think it's low brake fluid but that's not the case. I think it may be the heat being generated by the turbo and it's proximity to the harness line. Did you have any of these issues when your harness failed?

My harness was my fault. The instructions tell you to raise it up , I just did'nt raise it far enough. First a few lights came on then everything on the dash quit working and it shut down. When faced with a new harness cost I just spliced the wires.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote