View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 01:02 PM   #573 (permalink)
James10694
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370z Nismo
James10694 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus View Post
This is how I popped my motor. When I reinstalled I basically controlled the slack from where the line tees over the transmission. I have enough distance but I also used lava tube heat shielding but it does more to soothe my hurt feelings than anything. Up front from the engine bay its sleeved for about 3 ft. Sounds simple enough but following the install instructions to a tee saves some headaches. I found out 1 burned granny harness and one popped motor into the club. I like to call those "Stupid taxes". They're expensive but you won't pay twice. ( unless you're in the "Real stupid" bracket.
I was using some DEI heat sheaths for the vacuum lines. I should have wrapped or ceramic coated the turbo manifold. I even bought the heat wrap but I never got around to doing it. Big mistake.

I moved my transmission harness as far away as I could from the manifold. What kind of symtpoms were you showing before and when it failed? My brake light comes on under acceleration and a couple times my traction control light and yaw sensor light came on. Everyone seems to think it's low brake fluid but that's not the case. I think it may be the heat being generated by the turbo and it's proximity to the harness line. Did you have any of these issues when your harness failed?