View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 05:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
twyrick
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Nismo Tech
twyrick is on a distinguished road
Default Not to get too off-topic, but ....

Has anyone else noticed some serious depreciation in the value of the newer Nismos?

I purchased a "certified used" 2016 Nismo Tech 7AT less than a year ago with just slightly more than average mileage on it for its age. And despite paying a few thousand down at the time of purchase and another $2,500 or so, several months later, when I got a full refund on an extended warranty I decided to opt out on? I'm STILL a few thousand dollars upside-down on every estimated trade-in offer I've seen.

I paid quite a bit less than the claimed MSRP at the time I bought it, even if it's arguable I "could have gotten a better price". (Again, I was attracted to the fact it was a certified used from an actual Nissan dealership, and was located reasonably close to me. Not like there were many options meeting those criteria.)

I know sports cars always have high depreciation -- but isn't this a little excessive? From the discussions on Facebook in the Z forums there, I'm starting to get the idea a lot of people have been buying these cars recently and been disillusioned. The aftermarket upgrades seem to cost more than average (custom tunes, for example, seem to cost hundreds more than I ever paid for any other car I owned), and new sports cars from the competition (new Mustang, for example) are making it even more outdated in 2018.
twyrick is offline   Reply With Quote