View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #105 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiru View Post
My setup is working great except I lost my fuel guage. I checked the wiring and it seems the disconnect is happening somewhere in the connection between the inside connector to the hat and the outside connector that clips into the car's harness.

I would like to redo the terminals since the ones supplied at the time I bought my kit seemed a bit big. Is that something you would sell seperately or provide specs so I can buy the better sized ones?

Overall the kit has been a huge success, just this dumb pesky fuel level signal which has been problematic.
Hello please PM your shipping address and email address.

When the gauge goes out, I would recommend using a multi-meter to confirm that the problem is on the RRP side of the tank and not the stock fuel pump side of the tank. Photo attached of test data. You can do this without opening the tank. You just have to gain access to the top of the modules then unplug them and test the resistance across the 2 level sensor terminals. This will show that it is in range... in your case, it will show an open circuit at whichever one is causing the gauge to go blank. Of course, it will look different on the RRP side of the tank as the new 6-pin connector is used not that stock 2 pin connector.
Attached Images
File Type: gif z34fuellevel.gif (47.7 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by phunk; 05-09-2018 at 02:30 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote