View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
OK, more oddity with this light.

Tonight, I went to a buddy's house. Got in my car just like normal, no light. He and I went to guitar center and back, no light.

I go to leave his house, and I have one of his guitars with me to rewire, so I open the passenger door first by pressing the button on the door twice to unlock the whole car.

Set the guitar in, get in on the other side...and key light all the way home.

I get home, pull it in the garage, turn it off, open the door, close the door, start the car up - key light not on.

Any clues? ECU reset then take to dealer?

Dunno...
Sometimes if you push the start/Stop button too fast the car appears to turn off but in reality it can remain in the ACC condition the entire time. When leaving the car or getting into it what you described can happen. This is the signal that the car is NOT entirely turned off but still in "hot" mode.

This has happened to me twice now. SO what I have learned to do when shutting off the car is to hold the Start/Stop for at least a second or two and make sure I don't see the ACC backlit when getting out of the car.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote