Thread: Os giken tr2a
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 07:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Calg37USMC
Base Member

Drives: 12’G37sSedan GAC 6MT
Calg37USMC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvers View Post
Select your clutch set up also based on if your Z will ever will or will not see forced induction? Do you plan staying naturally aspirated? I have seen the Southbend clutch set ups stand up to track duty and street duty they are durable that why people run them on their Z. On your G37 that is a smart move to upgrade your CMC. Seeing that the OS Giken series clutch set up will support 570+ FT/LBS Torque you could get away with the Grand Touring Series or STR series clutch. Even though the STR series clutch is lighter if you plan on more street duty I would consider the Grand Touring series clutch but they are both excellent choices.
Down the road I will eventually go A2A SC. I looked into the Southbend option and have driven a local Z with that set up and wasn’t too impressed. I already purchased the grand touring clutch but the Vendor went MIA on me, when I reached out to OS Giken they recommended I don’t go with the GT series as it’s not suited for the track. I don’t heavily track my car but I do plan on participating in a few events during a year. Essentially I’m looking to bullet proof the clutch set up and this is what I came up with lol. I hope it all works out.