View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nithmo
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Nismo 6MT
Nithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Yes, you will need the SPC toe bolts. The only times you do not is when you go to SPL Midlinks or true coilovers (you will need SPL toe arms for this). Even if you set your SPL parts to the exact length you will still need an alignment. It's just about always out of spec.
I think I've finally come to realize my problem was the bolt which holds the camber arm in place (the side with the bushing). I didn't want to install the SPC toe bolts because I really have no interest in cutting or drilling anything on the car. What I failed to realize is the stock bolt has some toe adjustability, and if I'm correct, I must've put it completely to one end (for toe-in), where the other one was in a much more neutral position.

So the question remains... what are the traction arms actually for then? As I mentioned, it didn't matter how I adjusted it, it changed nothing visible about the position of the suspension. I don't even know if the guy on the alignment rack should be adjusting them. Thoughts?
Nithmo is offline   Reply With Quote