View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nithmo
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Nismo 6MT
Nithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help with rear toe!!

Ok, I've been having one hell of a time getting my suspension done. It really shouldn't be this complicated, yet time after time I keep having issues!

The latest- I installed my rear camber arms (they were shipped separate of the traction bar arms)- torqued everything to spec, everything seemed tight, I put the wheels back on and torqued them to spec also.

I go for a test drive, and within a minute, I can feel this crazy instability coming from the back. I thought a wheel was loose. I can feel the car want to sway waaaay too much, over the tiniest bumps. Something was wrong. A friend of mine was with me and he ran back to the house to grab my torque wrench. checked the wheels- they were all good. So I limped the car home. Friend followed behind and said he could see one of the back tires wanting to sway side to side. But not both.

I took the wheels off again, checked all the bolts, everything is solid. WTF. I put the wheels back on, thinking maybe a wheel went on crooked, but nope, when I did the test drive again, still same weird/dangerous feeling. And then I realized it. My toe was WAY out on the passenger rear tire.

Ok, no biggie. I now have the rear traction arms and camber arms installed- I'll just tweak the traction arms until the toe is a bit more reasonable.

Here's the problem- I can't adjust it at all. Like, when I turn the camber arms, I can visibly see the whole suspension assembly move with every crank I put on the camber arm. On the traction arm? I maxed it out and nothing moves whatsoever, besides the bar sitting tighter in place, due to being spread apart.

How do I just adjust the toe then?! What am I doing wrong? I'm wondering if I bent a suspension arm somehow when the wheel was going side to side? Everything feels solid. I see no indication of bending, anywhere. What do I do?

I wanted to take my car in for an alignment finally today, but can't even drive the car to the shop with how it is. I just want to adjust the toe, whether in or out, so that I can safely make it to the shop.
Nithmo is offline   Reply With Quote