Thread: How is your top
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 03:06 AM   #99 (permalink)
jkatt
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370z
jkatt is on a distinguished road
Default still having problems

so this weekend i messed with it (after the top not working for the past 2 years) it would get stuck opening 3/4 of the way, i lifted up the hood cover behind it and it worked closing, it worked for the most part doing this for the weekend (having to open the hood) and finally on sunday (i made the most of the weekend and drove it over 400 miles) the motor/pump just stopped making any sound and pushing the button wouldn't do anything, disconnected the battery for 10 mins as well it would not reset, not making any sounds, like the motor or pump gave out. im so tired of this damn thing, the center hex locking mechanism is stripped as well so i couldn't clamp it to close it fully and had to remove the 15 amp fuse where the battery is to get it to stop beeping (thanks for that, i found that info in these forums)

Nissan says they have to replace the whole thing and quoted me $9,000 (about a year ago). lol

my 2005 mercedes slk350 hard top had no problems or even needed maintenance done to it and had it to 150,000 miles (with smarttop installed
to, i kinda wish i had the car back now)

ah well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyFla View Post
Hi

I haven't seen any posts for people having top problems for some time & was just wondering how everyone's top is performing these days?
I've looked back through the posts & it seems to me that a good number of the problems had been with the 2010 models. I hope that Nissan has cured the problems & we can look forward to a long trouble free time.
I've had mine for about 1.5 yrs. now & haven't had any problems. Living down here I have my top up & down all year long, so it's gotten a good workout.

Comments please.
Dan
jkatt is offline   Reply With Quote