View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stino
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Sport
Stino is on a distinguished road
Default Need Nissan Mechanic Melbourne FL

My 2010 Z went into Limp Mode with scan codes P1092, P1091. After doing some searching, I started to fiddle and mistakenly removed the Drivers side VVEL Control Shaft Position Sensor (the sensor on the side of the ACTUATOR ASSY-VEL with 2 10mm bolts).

The dealer is stating that I have to replace the entire Part# 23745-EY04B Actuator Assy-VEL as a result of removing the sensor and entails pulling the engine to replace the Actuator Assy-VEL. They quoted me $3000 and I can’t afford it since I have 3 kids in college. I purchased the parts and wanted to know if I can do this myself without pulling the engine?

My car has been sitting in the garage for 1 1/2 years and would really like to drive it again. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,

Stino Cervini
10 370Z Sport|Berk CBE & HFC|NISMO R-TUNE CAI|Z1 Oil & PS Coolers|Mishimoto Radiator|UpRev|Nismo S-Tune|SEIBON Spoiler|Eibach Sways, Springs, Spacers|SPC Camber|RJM Clutch Pedal|Enkei Wheels|StopTech Rotors & Pads|SS Brake/Clutch Lines|Alpine W900BT, PDX5, Rear Camera, Boston SR60, S35 & 10" G3 Sub|3M Ceramic Tint
Stino is offline   Reply With Quote