Thread: Yay! Trackspec!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 06:45 AM   #80 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihiryu View Post
I know this is a super late reply, but I installed mine, and after a few weeks of off/on rain here in TX, I killed one of my plugs. Now what happened was, water leaked down on cylinder 2, and it went past the coil boot insulator, and did have some build up. So I threw on a very minute bead of silicone to help seal it up. But just wanted to give you guys a heads up. My Z is my semi daily driver (I have another car, but prefer to drive the z, I'm sure you guys understand lol), and does NOT get parked in a garage.
Hmmm, I went around and put dielectric grease all the connectors, didn't really thing about actually pulling the coils off and under them. I guess I better do that too.

Aren't you worried about the silicone making it tough to get the coils out when the time comes to change the plugs?
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote