View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 09:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtronZ View Post
I tried changing the cats once, lets say that the bolts won and I buttoned her back up. It's not something I'm opposed too, just would have someone do it for me. Would I have to go with the FI HFC or really any? Lastly, how bad is the smell when the cats are not stock?
The stock Nissan catalytic converters are a bottle neck in the exhaust system and not going catless or installing high flow catalytic converters as our friend Trips stated you will be leaving whp/wtq on the table and restricting your exhaust flow and defeating the purpose of upgrading your exhaust system on your Z. The unburnt fuel smell/odor will be more noticeable going catless. After you install high flow catalytic converters you will notice only very slightly more at start up and driving your exhaust smell may seem a bit richer smelling. The Fast Intentions exhaust is definitely worth it if it is feasible for you to afford. There exhaust makes whp/wtq and they make excellent quality exhaust products and have great fitment also. The sound factor is really nice if you like the sound of their exhaust on your Z?
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote