View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 09:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
DCNISMO
Track Member

Drives: Nismo Z
DCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond repute

I have a rental 2018 Mustang GT ragtop for a few days. I was able to thrash it on Rt 1 in Minnesota from Silver Bay to Ely. It’s almost 75 miles of rough and smooth twisty two lane road with nobody on it, I mean nobody. So how does it drive? It’s ok for what it is. It’s got multiple modes of normal, sport, sport plus, and track. Each mode adjusts the throttle and steering, and the exhaust note. It’s a 10 speed auto and I tried my best to work with it, on some occasions I did pretty well. I was able to get it to shift when I wanted. Steering was ok but a few times I almost wadded it, till I realized I better not even try to drive it like my Porsche 2009 911 C4S. So once I did that and my brain adjusted to where the roll center was, thst is just where is the turn axis located, I did better. Brakes were ok, but better not trail brake into a turn or it would push and if you hit a bump, it skipped out on you.

I’ll have it a few more days. But it’s snowing now so maybe I’ll set it to snow mode.

Would I buy one? Don’t know yet. Not to sound like a **** but after driving my 911 C4S for a few years, most other cars don’t match up.
DCNISMO is offline   Reply With Quote