View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 08:08 AM   #41 (permalink)
eastwest2300
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '16QX70/'21 Supra3.0
eastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
EW, I meant to ask yesterday but was distracted by shiny objects... what was the colossal fail that happened with your Z that required so much work to fix?
Well, what i believe it was after everything that I did was, the 2 sensors on the brake pedal, one of them was severely out of position (the brake switch sensor), not sure how it got that way but it was.

The nice thing about having my Z in the same garage with Mr. Madwi's Z, I got to compare the sensors positions to his.

But prior to knowing this, my Z is hardly driven, so the one time Mr. Madwi and I took the cars out to drive them, the car literally locked up on me (almost causing an accident on the highway). I got the car towed back to the garage. But what was weird is Mr. Madwi's drive way is inclined, and with the car's eBrake disengaged and the car NOT in gear, the car should have rolled down the hill and it didnt.. but I noticed if I lifted up the brake pedal with my foot, the car then rolled back.

So I knew I had some sort of brake issue. So I compiled a list of potential "could be"s.. and I went down the list addressing all of them. I replaced the lines, had the calipers rebuilt, new caliper hardware, new bleeder screws, new fluids, I checked the wheel speed sensors, and underneath the entire car looking for damage.

Thats really it.