View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Default Boosted Performance product update

This is something I have been trying to avoid for a long time, but due to recent developments, it has to be done. Contributing factors such as local business tax increases, intercooler/piping pricing increase, and general cost of manufacturing and materials/parts, I am having to raise the price of the Boosted Performance turbo kits by about 7%. The new VHR kit prices will be $8,600 USD to the door, and the tuner kit will be $7,500 USD.

The kits are still the most affordable on the market, and most complete. Both tuner and turn key kits still include a thermostatic 30 row oil cooler kits, which are $500+ when bought through other performance part distributors

On the other hand, I have recently purchased a 2018 370Z Nismo, and have had a chance to dig in to it a bit.

The first item I wanted to have a look at was an air filter shield, and I think it is a simple yet effective solution that will keep the header heat at bay.

Rather simple, and easy to install:

Second item was to add another bolt on exhaust option to the kit. Since my car is a Nismo, this was rather straight forward. The Fast Intensions Y-pipe extended and flanges welded in a new Nismo exhaust location:

Installed:

Third item on the to do list was to make the CMAK kit compatible with the Boosted Performance turbo kit. So in order to do that, I got a kit myself, and will be installing it in the next week or so. Once in place, I will have an option for the first intercooler pipe off the turbo that will work with the CMAK kit. Contact Joe @ Zspeedperfromance for these units.

More to follow on the above.

Fourth item worth noting is rather big (IMO). Throughout the last couple of years I have had a few requests by various tuning shops to become a distributor, and have them be a dealer of Boosted Performance turbo kits. This has finally come around, and I am proud to announce that R/T Tuning will the first dealer for the Boosted Performance line of kits. I will be shipping 4 kits that way in the next week or so. Give them a call for complete in house installs and tuning....and ask YOUR local Z specialty shop about it as well...you never know.

Getting things ready to ship:

Last item is a bit of a teaser, and I am still trying to work through a number of obstacles. The goal: have a full 3.5" intake, with an air filter in the engine bay. This is something I have been on the fence about as far as posting, but I thought I do it anyway, since it is an ongoing commitment to make an already great product even better. As mentioned already, there are a few things that still need to be overcome, and I am not sure if it will all work out. I will however do my best.

In order to make the above possible, some urethane, or solid engine mounts will be a must. A complete oil filter relocation also has to be done...I am in the middle of attempting all this;

Target end result:

Finding an air filter that is off the shelf, and that is rather large is a bit of a challenge. I have a couple of more options inbound, so I will see if I can make it work.

Air filter replacement or servicing would be easier than on any other aftermarket forced induction kit. It will be a matter of removing the engine bay splash guard, and 4 sway bar bolts. A very easy/simple job.
IG @boostedperformanceyeg
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote