View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
BlackZMamba
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Z @ 321 whp
BlackZMamba is on a distinguished road
Default Rattling Noise Can't Be Determined

Hey guys my car is a 2013 and has 42,000 miles. I have the Fast Intentions 18" resonated full catback exhaust coupled with the 1320 performance test pipes and Z1 long tube intakes. Car is tuned.

The issue I've been having is that at a specific RPM (usually just over 3,000), there is a rattling sound I can't pinpoint. The car has been up on the lift 3 times and can't determine what's lose and vibrating/rattling. It sounds as if it was a piece of metal rattling and almost sounds like a heat shield. However, the heat shields have been checked and they are not lose nor look cracked.

Has anyone ever had this issue? My OCD is killing me. It's really annoying and pretty loud and embarrassing. At higher RPMs the noise does go away. There are no visible leaks and no power loss as well as no lights.

The noise comes from the front of the car and it sounds as if it is coming from the passenger side.

The exhaust has also been checked and there is nothing loose.

Please help!