View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 04:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Asus_
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 370z T/S
Asus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default KW V3. springs to linear?

Hey guys

I'm purchasing Cup Kits for the front coilovers from https://www.stanceparts.com/air-cup-lift-system/, it says i need to use Linear springs. Since the springs on the V3 coils upfront are progressive is there a suitable replacement that you guys know of that would help me here? Preferably that isn't too expensive and maybe functions just as well as the spring im replacing?

Note: Just some requirements based on what the site says.

Quote:
High spring rates
If you're using extreme high spring rates, higher than the original rates that came with your coilovers, then it's possible that you can't use the full 50mm lift from the air cups. Due to the extreme high spring rates, the weight of the car won't compress the springs and damper enough to create a stroke for the air cups to lift. This can be solved by using helper springs.

DIMENSIONS
• The diameter of the air cup is 120 mm.
• The fitting is 17mm.

The air cup is only 20mm thick in the lowest position. Depending on your coilovers and vehicle, the air cups will take up a certain space. In most cases this is 20 to 30mm. If you have enough travel left on your coilovers to lower it, it won't be a problem. If not, you can install shorter springs to compensate this
If someone could suggest me some springs i can use that still fit within the few requirements listed, i would really appreciate it!

Last edited by Asus_; 04-25-2018 at 04:00 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
Asus_ is offline   Reply With Quote