View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 11:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
Korstix
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370z Sport
Korstix has a reputation beyond reputeKorstix has a reputation beyond reputeKorstix has a reputation beyond reputeKorstix has a reputation beyond reputeKorstix has a reputation beyond reputeKorstix has a reputation beyond reputeKorstix has a reputation beyond reputeKorstix has a reputation beyond reputeKorstix has a reputation beyond reputeKorstix has a reputation beyond reputeKorstix has a reputation beyond repute

Final update!

First off, problem has been fixed. Turns out, somehow map switching had become disabled. This must have happened due to a revised tune that was sent to me for a cel light and disabled it.

Since Ptuning had lost my file to reflash onto my ECU, Ecutek was able to pull that off of my ECU and add on the part that activates the map switching.

Ecutek service via email was great. No problems and understood all instruction well. He was prompt also. ONLY negative here was that my support guy was in England, so times were a bit funky.

Ptuning support.... Initially i spoke with 3 different "front desk" guys (not sure the term for them). First Harry, then Nathan, and finally Jack. First two did not seem to care all too much in helping. I would call in the AM most days, both said they would check on whatever it was in the question and said they'd call back. Of course later in the day close to closing hours i'd call back and get a different person. Very annoying. Finally got Jack from one of such above calls. He was super helpful and called back when he said he would. Also sounded sincere in his attempts to help me out. Were it not for said Jack, Ptuning would lose my future business. It was annoying that they lost my tune file from August of 2017 due to hard drive corruption, but not something that is planned *cough* make backup saves *cough*.

Anyways, all is well and fixed. Thanks for listening!
Korstix is offline   Reply With Quote