View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 11:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
zero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R
zero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
Congrats!

Underrated car because there are so many lesser variants to confuse it with. The R is the real deal, though. Driven well, it’s actually quite trackable. Enjoyed watching a laps-long duel between one of these and a Focus RS on my home track last year. And practical as a DD, too.

Can you elaborate on “it’s really fun to drive”? Maybe want to be a few more miles into it, but a thorough review would be appreciated.

Enjoy!
Thanks.

I have the R for a few days now. I got it with DSG. It really shifts fast between gears. It is quite fast and handles well. It has a 4 wheel drive system so you can really take it around the corner with confidence. It’s also very comfortable. With Dynamic Chassis Control and driving mode options, you can change ride stiffness and shift point. Right now I’m driving in normal mode. I tried a race mode once and it’s awesome. The ride gets firmer and the exhaust note get louder. Right now I'm in process of breaking-in the engine. I drove about 200 miles so far in 3 day. I cannot wait until the engine clocking at 600 miles so I try launch control feature.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1592.JPG (102.7 KB, 37 views)