View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 09:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

Finished up the hood vents today. Everything went pretty smoothly. I did pick up an air riveter just for this. It was worth it's weight in gold for this job.

On the under side of the hood, I used some adhesive to reattach and seal the hood support back to the sheet metal in a few places where it was now just floating. Figured it couldn't hurt. Also I noticed in the rivets included the short ones were stainless, the long ones were plain steel. Just as some extra insurance, I took some clear coat and coated the top of each rivet just to help prevent rust.

Didn't get as much done this weekend as I'd like. These vents, while not difficult to install, were time consuming. So maybe next weekend I'll pull the front bumper and do the oil cooler, power steering cooler, sway bars, and duct work for the intake.
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote