View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
brandon3434
Base Member

Drives: GT350R
brandon3434 is on a distinguished road
Default NEED HELP! 2011 Nismo Z Not Starting

Hey guys, I need some help. I feel like I’ve tried everything. Here is my situation.

I have a 2011 Nismo. It has 6000 miles, never had an issue. Recently, I installed coilovers, camber arms etc, and an exhaust. When I tried starting it, the battery was dead. So, I charged it up and it was still not even letting me unlock the car. So, I started thinking - maybe this is a steering lock issue. I believe some 2011 Z’s were affected. I ended up replacing the battery just in case.

Anyways, I went ahead and ordered the steering lock bypass from ConceptZ, because my Z was showing all the signs. I took the plastic off under the steering wheel and found that my Z doesn’t even have a steering lock (rookie mistake, I know...).

So, now I have no clue. I have a new battery which I tested. I swapped the key fob batteries and still nothing. The car interior lights turn on etc, but when I go to start the car, it goes to ACC mode, then the ON mode, but I can’t do anything past that. Then it’s stuck on the ON mode, and the only dash lights that are on are the two key lights (like it doesn’t recognize my key). One last note, even though my key fob doesn’t lock/unlock the car, when I press the unlock button the signals light up in the gauge cluster. My hazards work also. Makes no sense lol.

Does anyone have any ideas? I’ll paypal someone 20$ if they help me resolve this haha.
brandon3434 is offline   Reply With Quote