View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 01:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
MaysEffect
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Infiniti FX35
MaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
could I run a stoptech kit up front with the base brakes in the rear? Would that make any sense? Just thinking budget wise about what would be feasible.
Yes you can. Most big brake kits are not actually designed for F/R balance, but rather how well they match to the standard master cylinder so that pressure is evenly distributed across all 4 calipers. Brembo kits are usually the worst at doing this. Stoptech and AP brakes do a better job if they make a kit specifically for your car. I suggested Stoptech purely because i know for a fact they make kits specifically for the 350z and 370z, so you should have no problems having a caliper properly match your standard system. Most problems stem from people putting on massive 6 piston calipers that do not properly match the master cylinder. This will actually ruin the F/R pressure distribution (Brembos ). A smaller 4 piston caliper with properly matched pistons will work better in most scenarios. The rest is up to heat management.

Also be aware of they fact, coated rotors do not work better for extreme heat abuse. The coating acts as an insulator and traps more heat into the disc surface and can glaze the pad prematurely. This is primarily done for cars in cold climate conditions that are prone to rusting. You want a non coated rotor with wide internal vanes if possible. Slotted/dotted doesn't make much of a difference either, you are just losing surface area, which doesn't help if your rotors are undersized in the first place. You don't need anything larger than a 355mm F/340m R rotor, so stay away from the larger BS unless you plan on going endurance racing.
MaysEffect is offline   Reply With Quote