View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 03:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Loges
Base Member

Drives: 14 SR 370Z 6MT
Loges has a reputation beyond reputeLoges has a reputation beyond reputeLoges has a reputation beyond reputeLoges has a reputation beyond reputeLoges has a reputation beyond reputeLoges has a reputation beyond reputeLoges has a reputation beyond reputeLoges has a reputation beyond reputeLoges has a reputation beyond reputeLoges has a reputation beyond reputeLoges has a reputation beyond repute

I recently installed SPL front end links with Eibach sway bars and it appears that the end link kit has changed slightly over time while the instructions have not. Here is the list of issues that I ran into and their solutions. Hopefully this helps somebody with the install in the future.

1) The torque values listed in the SPL install instructions are VERY low compared to what the FSM calls out (50ft-lbs VS 120ft-lbs ). Upon searching the forum I found this thread: SPL Pro End Links
It explains that the instructions were written using 350Z torque specs. OP called SPL and they confirmed that the 370Z FSM torque specs are ok to use. For reference here is a screen shot from the FSM with torque specs :

2) The fastener/component order for the spacers and washers in the assembly view in the SPL instructions aren't in the correct order.

I emailed SPL and they confirmed the order to be as follows:

3) Sway bar hex nuts loosening over time: I haven't experienced this issue myself but if you look around on the forum a lot of people have. I think SPL modified their kit recently to address this issue though. If you look at the part description for item number 6 it calls out that it's an oval lock flange nut instead of a standard nut. So, if you have a newer kit you may not need to buy locking hex nuts like others have had to. But obviously if the clunking starts then this would be the first place I would start.

Hope this helps guys!
MOTORDYNE // AAM COMPETITION // KW // SPL // STILLEN // FUJIMURA // POWERTRIX // DYNOSTY // ECUTEK // WORK EMOTION CR2P // Z1 MOTORSPORTS // ZSPEED // EIBACH // DEWLA DEZIGN // SETRAB // TOP SECRET // TOMMYKAIRA // AEROWORKZ // SHINE AUTO PROJECT
Loges is offline   Reply With Quote