View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 10:40 AM   #33 (permalink)
Shoeshear
Base Member

Drives: '15 370z Sport MT
Shoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozmaxed View Post
I'm still and have always been a Z/Fairlady fan, that's why the interest before it's gone. Here's the thing, I did own an '08 G35S 6MT and I hated the clutch, very touchy to modulate even after monkeying with the pedal adjustment nut for a little more play. Does this gen Z still have the same issues? That G35 clutch action was pretty annoying, even my 240Z was easier to modulate LOL.
Clutch is a bit annoying, but I’ve gotten used to it in the last few months. Not a deal breaker for me, but you should probably drive one before settling on it. It is weird for sure. Bite point is a bit strange feeling and narrow, but doesn’t seem to like very much simultaneous throttle and and fast clutch release (for fast, but smooth take offs), it shudders. I would have said the clutch was slipping, but with a change in clutch style, I’ve been able to eliminate it.

I have to say, the car feels great going from gear to gear though, no issues really with medium fast shifts when you drive the car in anger. Gotta wait a little for the syncros though

Last edited by Shoeshear; 04-17-2018 at 10:57 AM.
Shoeshear is offline   Reply With Quote