View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 07:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtronZ View Post
I pushed slightly on the spoiler and it seemed like the little popping noise was coming from the top two middle screws.
The popping noise is likely the tape sticking and releasing. This is what it was on mine. On the back side, not a big deal, however on the front side where it will have a huge amount of wind, it is.

That is why I used a syringe filled with silicone to get silicone under the tape where I had gaps. However, again mine was the Fly1 version, and mine did not line up with the body very well. So perhaps yours fits better.

I know how it sounds, as mentioned in my link above, it's why I used such a fine pointed syringe, you can't see any of the silicone when done. It's all under everything.

Don't feel bad, the fishing line idea didn't come up at first... I lost two bolts, three nuts before we came up with that plan. Worse yet, I was using stainless hardware so a magnet wouldn't help. Luckily at this point I've gotten everything back out so I'm now rattle free. Just waiting for a little warmer weather to put the interior panel back on. Don't like snapping plastic pieces back in when it's ~30 degrees out (It was 70 degrees out just the other week).
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote