View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 07:07 AM   #27 (permalink)
ColtronZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 17 370z
ColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
Did you seal around your bolts? I used rubber washers on mine (silicone under the washer would work as well). Also on the front side of the spoiler did the tape seal completely to the body? Next did you drill all the way through and mess up the gasket surface on the hatch?

Just a tip if you go this route, tie fishing line onto the bolts before you try and install them, just so you can't drop them into the hatch. They will fall back out after a few hard corners if you leave the panel off (ask me how I know) but it is frustrating to drop them and lose bolts.
Yeah I sealed around the bolts but boy do I wish I had thought of rubber washers. The tape seal is against the hatch, how flush in terms of keeping water out I am not sure. Unfortunately, the left corner tore so there is a small gap there :/

I pushed slightly on the spoiler and it seemed like the little popping noise was coming from the top two middle screws. It doesn't occur enough to redo it I suppose, I am also hoping putting the panel back on will reduce the noise slightly.

I wish I had thought of fishing wire too, I did this install about a month ago now iirc. I lost two and just recovered one the other day. One still is bouncing around back there but its wayyyyy in there. Hoping one day I get lucky and am able to get it out so I can put my car back together lol
ColtronZ is offline   Reply With Quote