View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtronZ View Post
Anyone who has put on a custom spoiler ever have noise from the spoiler/bolts at times, or from that general area? Is this normal? The bolts wouldn't tighten anymore but seem like they have some movement and the spoiler is probably as close to the hatch as possible.
Did you seal around your bolts? I used rubber washers on mine (silicone under the washer would work as well). Also on the front side of the spoiler did the tape seal completely to the body? Next did you drill all the way through and mess up the gasket surface on the hatch?

Below is a picture from my install. You'll notice my access hole from is off to the side of the gasket surface. It made getting to the bolts / nuts on the other edge a little more difficult, but chance for leaks or wind noise, or damaging the seal in this manner. Also the hole is entirely covered once the interior panel is re-installed.

Just a tip if you go this route, tie fishing line onto the bolts before you try and install them, just so you can't drop them into the hatch. They will fall back out after a few hard corners if you leave the panel off (ask me how I know) but it is frustrating to drop them and lose bolts.
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote