View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 11:29 PM   #38 (permalink)
badthing
Base Member

Drives: 2011 Z34 Red 6MT
badthing has a reputation beyond reputebadthing has a reputation beyond reputebadthing has a reputation beyond reputebadthing has a reputation beyond reputebadthing has a reputation beyond reputebadthing has a reputation beyond reputebadthing has a reputation beyond reputebadthing has a reputation beyond reputebadthing has a reputation beyond reputebadthing has a reputation beyond reputebadthing has a reputation beyond repute

I have the OS Giken Twin Plate with Hard Cover installed with the Z1 CSC Elimination Kit.

Pedal is noticeably firmer than OEM. The shift feel is definitely leaning more towards on/off to the point where I dread heavy traffic going uphill (especially in the rain).

I can slip the clutch in 1st gear on purpose to "try" to get a smoother takeoff but it does require a degree of concentration.

Once you get going though, you can rapidly shift gears and the clutch just bites unlike the OEM which slips like a donkey on ice.

The chatter sound at idle and low RPMs is significantly louder than stock. It almost sounds like a truck. Non-car enthusiasts would think something is broken. Lucky for me, I have a loud titanium exhaust to complement the clutch.
badthing is offline   Reply With Quote