View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Dimer
Track Member

Drives: 2010 PW 370z
The Dimer has a spectacular aura aboutThe Dimer has a spectacular aura about

I'd argue it because it's the essentially same 9 year old design we've had since the car launched. Don't get me wrong, I've had mine for 7 years and I love it, but the platform is in desperate need of a refresh and what delivers for the price really puts it in a niche market. At this point you basically have to want a Z to justify the purchase.

If you want gobs of power at similar price you get a V8 Mustang or Camaro. They're both fun cars and they can do more than put power down in a straight line these days.

If you want something that's quick, nimble, and inexpensive you get a Miata or Toyota 86.

You said it yourself, the Z doesn't excel in any one category, it's just kind of middle of the road by today's standards. You can get a fun spirited car for less money than a Z or more power for the same cost as a Z. The one thing the Z still has going for it is that you don't see many on the road, which kind of makes it special to own one.