View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 10:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Spartan 1771
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Wife crazy & 09 370Z
Spartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvers View Post
Having wired and seen the electrical systems on the 370Z. The electrical system on the 370Z is very efficient and well put together when comparing to other vehicles out there. On the 370Z I would recommend a dry cel battery Optima red top or yellow top if you installed a high watt rated stereo system or do any off road racing/track or have modifications to your 370Z that require a high app rate battery. In most cases for street driven 370Z’s a quality pb acid battery will suffice. A good rule of thumb is every 3-4 years having your battery tested at your local preferred auto parts store to check the overall condition of your battery in your 370Z. I am very surprised that your battery lasted 8-9 years. No matter what my pd adic battery never lasted more than 4 years tops without having to replace it with a new battery. Also I know from experience that not driving your 370Z or any vehicle for that matter will do more harm than good to your whole vehicle over time. Your 370Z was meant to be driven on a regular basis and driven to operating temperatures.
Well I've had my Z for almost 9 years. I'm the original owner. It has never been driven in the snow or when the roads have salt or sand on them due to snow and or icy conditions. It has only been driven in the rain a hand full of times. It's in pristine physical and mechanical condition. During the warmer months I drive it on weekends to car shows and on short road trips. This past year I drove it down to Atlanta for the Z Nationals. I ran it on Friday on Road Atlanta and then won 1st Place in the judged car show the next day. While I was down there I actually had two people make me offers for the car. During the winter when it's tucked away in the garage I preform an insane amount of maintenance on it. So I can't see how I'm doing more harm then good by not using it as my daily driver. I understand what you're saying, but it isn't like I neglect this car or spare any expense.

-DD Air Guide, Stillen G3 CAIs, 63mm Throttle Bodies, Motordyne M370, Berk HFCs, FI TDX CBE (non-res, CF), Sprint booster v3, Ecutek Dyno Tuned, and the list goes on...
Spartan 1771 is offline   Reply With Quote