View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 09:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jinxx
Track Member

Drives: 2017 nismo 370z
Jinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjua8 View Post
Got offered 2 Z's. One. 2011 nismo 19k miles, 25k. TWO. 2011 nismo 35k miles, SUPERCHARGED, 29k.

I don't track my car, but would like to once or twice. I don't need 600hp but def want to be past 350whp. Take down some 6th gen GT's with ease. At the same time the SC has about 30k miles on it. Idk how reliable those things are. I want the car to last me at least 10 years, with proper maintenance. I feel like the the dealer that has the SC Z is selling it high due to it having a SC. But if the SC is in good condition, then its worth it to me (car note being low 4's). What are some things to be mindful of, in checking the SC before purchase. What would you go for knowing it's a daily, but work commute is less than 2 miles lol. Gym about 15. The rest would be for pleasure and spirited driving, a pull here, a pull there. And 40 rolls here and there...is 320-340whp respectable? Or take the SC and merc GT's? If some of you that have had the stillen supercharger for a while can let me know how reliable they are or what issues you ran into, that would be great. Looking for what the best buy would be...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
From reading the first post shows very little knowledge in a boosted Z ,and its good to ask , but there is more to just asking which is better ...to even consider a Z that is already boosted you would need to know EXACLY what is under the hood and in the ECU. What was added to the basic kit ...has it been upgraded ..what its been tuned with ...who tuned it ...do you have the tuning licience info to retune or will you have to start over with a new one. So many things that need to be known,things that can add up to thousands in unexpected expenses or even worst, trashing the motor. Then even after all of that like everyone else said ...how was it driven and maintained.
The “ Best Buy “ question should be ..what is the safest buy , especially if you want it to last 10 years. Buy a clean Z and mod it as you learn more about it.

Last edited by Jinxx; 04-12-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Jinxx is offline   Reply With Quote