View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 07:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
OTW Z-Boy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nismo 370z #495
OTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Adam's Polishes: Mini Product Review

Alrighty then back to it...

Following products used over the past couple days:
Strip wash
Visco Clay bar with geometric tool
Correcting polish + orange pad
Finishing polish + white pad
(Used with Porter Cable Orbiting Polisher)

Yet to come:
Ceramic Paint Coating

First off strip wash (citrusy smell) worked very well (foam cannon and 2 bucket method with craftsman power washer) after the wash rinse and dry (Adams Drying Towel) the paint felt pretty naked. When running my hand across the finish you could easily tell there was no wax or grease of any kind. Grade A

Second time around with the Visco Clay and geometric tool for me. This time I doubled up the clay bar (2 pack) and this worked extremely well. With having the extra clay I found that the tool and surface covered was more efficient and larger in between stretches. Grade A

Next step one was correcting polish with Adams orange foam pad. I will say that if I was going to do it again I would have ordered the microfiber cutting pad to get the really deep stuff but this go round I was satisfied with the performance. Most swirls came out with 1 cross hatch pass on each panel. And did the hood twice for good measure. The orange correcting polish is pretty thick and remove-ability was fairly good but took some elbow grease and some additional detail spray. Also as a disclaimer it was about 97 degrees with a bit of a Santa Ana wind so interpret how you like. Grade B+

Last white finishing polish with white pad. Easy one here on like butter and off like detail spray. No problem whatsoever getting rid of that haze left by the correcting polish and produced a wet mirror finish for sure. A+ (weather 90 degrees and breezy)

This pic above is in the roof of the Z not perfection but not too shabby

Tomorrow giving the Ceramic Paint Coating a go more feedback then.
2014: Nismo 370z #495 Magnetic Black - Stillen Gen3 CAI | SPL F/R Camber Arms | HKS Hypermax IV | JDM Rear Fog Light |GT-R Push Start Button | Z1 2 Piece D/S | Illuminated Kicks | Tommykaira | Work VS-XX BKB Step Lip +23/+13 19" 9.5/11 | Fast Intentions RHFC TDX CBE 12" CF | EcuTek
OTW Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote