View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 07:13 AM   #8690 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
A couple of years ago, I agreed to modify a neighbors house... huge project... first a new laundry room and a new 1/2 bath on the main floor and then down below; a new full bath, new bedroom, new kitchen, wet bar, remote controlled gas logs in a new stone fireplace and about 800 sq ft of tiled floor... pretty big job for me all by myself, but what the heck I was charging them ....

Anyhow the day before I was supposed to drag my tools over there and get started, the neighbor lady decide to start on the demo by herself... yup... she tore out the wrong wall... LOL..

She was so proud to tell me she got it started until I looked at it and said well that actually was a wall we were supposed to keep...

That's hilarious! I have some fond (and not so fond) memories of construction projects. I worked for my dad with a couple of my brothers (I actually have 6 brothers, so this really was just a few of us) and my brother Dave had a habit of half listening... but being very diligent.

One addition project that we did, my dad gave Dave a chainsaw and asked him to remove a bush that would be in an inconvenient location.
Dave removed all the other bushes, and left that one. My dad was apoplectic. Fortunately the owner had planned on removing all of the bushes, so no harm done, but great example of why it's important to listen. We still rip on Dave to this day.