View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 02:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
scope22
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: wife crazy
scope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond repute

if it doesn't get totalled, don't let the other persons insurance to fix your car, find a repair shop that you are comfortable with (ie dealer collision center). I just recently dealt with an accident and got some money for diminished value (progressive). This is quite painful, they have a "formula" that they will use which is based on extends of the damage on the car, i had a small scrape and i got $500 but this took 2-3 months of calling and arguing (aka negotiating) When you talk to them about diminished value you need to first do some homework on what you think that value maybe be, easiest way would be to get a used dealer to give you a value on the car before and after the accident, they usually dont like to have their time wasted on stuff like that so that is why i'd suggest dealer collision center since they have a used car department and you can used the fact that they're fixing your car to get them to give you that estimate. you can also look for cars for sale adds with accidents and without to get an idea, also there are formulas online you can use. just to give you an idea, i asked for $1500, they offered $200-$300 and we settled on $500. A lot of insurance companies now, will ask you to take pics of the damage and they will give you a quote over email/phone conversation for the damage, do NOT agree to any amount they give your without a shop taking your car apart to get complete extends of the damage figured out, if you do agree to anything over the phone you're screwed.

Last edited by scope22; 04-10-2018 at 02:55 PM.
scope22 is offline   Reply With Quote