View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 01:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
npdabest
Base Member

Drives: 09 MB 370z
npdabest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
What I see with this. You had the oil galley gaskets replaced because of them being blown.
Questions.
How did you know they was blown? Did they hook up a separate gauge to read oil pressure?

Did they remove the timing chains to get to the galley gaskets? The Cam timing could be off if they removed the chains.

What the helll does this mean?
They replaced the fuel pump because the manual gauge still said low oil pressure.
You have low oil pressure, so they replaced the fuel pump? Or they replaced the oil pump? And you just typed wrong? Just trying to get the facts straight.

You still have low oil pressure. This could be causing you limp mode.

Don't think the cams are going to move in limp mode. Everything is in basic settings.

My guess is that they will end up going beck into the motor to check the new gaskets to make sure they are installed right and not leaking. And to check cam timing with the chains. They missed something inside. One other thing. There is chance that the oil pressure sensor is bad.
Thanks for the response. I knew the gaskets were blown because I took it to the Nissan dealer. The shop I took it to told me a fastener was loose.

So after they fixed everything up, they hooked up a separate gauge (which is what I meant by manual gauge) and saw it was still low. They used 10w40 and it brought the pressure to normal. I don't know if this makes sense or not, but they came to the conclusion the fuel pump was bad.

They replaced a lot of the timing area (including chain, water pump, etc.) while they were in there. I've told them maybe the timing could be off, but they are insisting it isn't. They have opened it up again and checked multiple times (according to them). He is going to open it up again and check it again (since he is going to replace the camshaft).

They are closed today, but I might give them a call back if I can get some ideas so they can try stuff while they are opening the timing cover back up. They actually changed the oil pressure sensor the first time I went in.

The problem is they have opened it up a second time and told me everything looked good. This will be their third time opening it back up but I doubt their outlook will change. I am kind of at a loss here.

They are going to change the camshaft for free which is fine, but I just don't see many people having a bad camshaft so I'm not looking too optimistic. ONce I get it back, the only thing I can do is take to to Nissan at this point.

Any other options as to why I would still have a low oil pressure issue? I'm going to ask them to check it out before I grab it back.

Last edited by npdabest; 04-09-2018 at 01:55 PM.
npdabest is offline   Reply With Quote