View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 11:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
Bikeracer1098
Base Member

Drives: Porsche 997.2 turbo
Bikeracer1098 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormWhite View Post
Thanks for the offer but as the caster spec is out of tolerance I guess you have justification to reject the car.

I really wish you well with the process as I seriously doubt I could actually get a dealer to take a new car back when in your case this will be the second car.

I have had a problem from day 2 with the intelligent key light coming on. They initially blamed the key fob batteries twice and are now saying that I must drive with my foot resting on the clutch or else its an OBD scanner permanently plugged into the OBD2 port (Only purchased last month!).

Eight months on I still have the same problem but they say its my fault!
Thanks, my M4 CP was £70k prior to discount and the Nismo was £40k prior to discount. All M4 CP have inherent issues with rattles due to the stiff suspension. My M4 spent 14 days at the dealer having warranty work done and nterior Parts being removed and replaced due to rattles. He rattles drove me mad, couldn’t live with the car and why should I. I’ve had a Porsche 911 turbo for over 3 years, with no signs of rattles. The new Consumer Right law covers us against these issues, so why shouldn’t we reject a car when it doesn’t do what it says on the can. All cars have teething issues however after given the dealer 7 attends to resolve the issues unsuccessfully why should we have to put up with a substandard product?
With regards to the 2018 Nismo, the handling didn’t feel right from the time of collection. Car feels like it’s continiouskt crabbing etc. Feels fine when cornering but the issues occur when driving along a straight road. Any small imperfections on the road causes it to move slightly left then slightly to the right. Don’t feel confortabke or completely safe driving the car as it is unpredictable requiring continuous steering input.
My 2016 Supercharged Nismo tunning an Bridgestone Tyres feels completely different, drives as straight as an arrow. Does tramline slightly at times like any Performance vehicle, however doesn’t feel nervous like the 2018 Nismo.
Nissan have checked and adjusted the 4 wheel alignment twice and Nissan UK have admitted in writhing that the Caster Angle is outside manufacturers tollereance. As the Caster Angke is not adjustable the service advisor at my local Nissan HPC centre during the last visit told me that Nissan should replace the car with another brand new 370z Nismo. Based on the above I don’t thibk I have any other option apart from rejecting the Car.

Here is a link to he Consumer Law regarding purchasing a new or second hand vehicle in the UK.

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-a...new-car-rights