Thread: HID Bulb Change
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #127 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

A few pointers, as I did it for the 2nd time today and went with 8k:

1. Buy a few of the plastic clips from Nissan. No matter how carefully you try to remove the current clips, they will break. If the don’t break, they’re so brittle and might as well replace.
2. Test the lights before putting everything back together. I replaced the parking lights with LEDs and put one backwards.
3. Wear latex gloves. You will get dirty. This will also prevent you from any accidental skin contact with the bulb.
4. Don’t be lazy. Jack up the car and remove the wheel. It will make the installation much easier.
5. I used medium pliers to turn the parking lights, as I have big hands and can’t fit in that space.
6. I placed a small amount of dielectric grease between the connector and bulb.