View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 08:46 AM   #31 (permalink)
ReeceZ
Base Member

Drives: 370ZR
ReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbhrps View Post
ReeceZ,

Top Rattle & Vibration

Click the link. Its a thread from this forum from way back in 2012, and at the bottom of page 2 of this thread a guy posts pictures of the tonneau cover rests that can be adjusted to align the cover when closed. If the stops are incorrectly adjusted, they may be the cause of your rattle.

You should read through the entire thread (all 3 pages) since there may well be other ideas in there you can try as well. Good Luck!

Gene
Gene, you're a friggin rockstar man, I've had this rattle from the rear for like 3 years now, and this recent hinge replacement made it worse. I used thin strips of 2-way tape to cover both bolts on the top and left the top of the strip still covered so it doesn't stick to anything. Rattle gone! I'm not one to show emotion often, but I felt like a chick watching The Notebook when I drove on a bumpy road and heard nothing. Thanks again
ReeceZ is offline   Reply With Quote