View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 09:36 AM   #452 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ZCanadian;3744309]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsx95 View Post

Well, my goal isn't to go SLOWEST around the track!

There are plenty of driving skills to go around. Heel-toe is just one, and really only critical to shorten stopping distances, preserve car balance near the limit, and protect the clutch and drive train BECAUSE OF the limitations of the 3-pedal manual gearbox. Pretty much everything else that you do with a traditional manual transmission (determining the shift point or engine braking for instance) is no different in a DCT. You just do it faster in a dual clutch manual.

And, for the record, I would say that modern racers do not lack in skill when compared with their predecessors. Given today's speeds, and the horsepower available in current cars, I think that a great many heroes of the past might wet themselves - or at least be appreciative that engineering gave them quicker, more predictable shifts without having to take their hands off the wheel or their left foot off the dead pedal!
Well said sir...