View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 08:45 AM   #8292 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

I've been in my 'new' house 4 weeks.....

So far, I've had to have the following done:

Reseal the master bath toilet. Previous owner tiled the bathroom and didn't extend the flange above the new floor level, so the toilet didn't seal to the wax ring. Water ran into the garage through a light fixture. I now have two holes in the garage ceiling I need to fix. Oh... and not covered by home warranty.....

During this repair, bought a service plan from the company that provided the 'home warranty'...

They will do HVAC inspection and cleaning twice a year.....

Well, the HVAC system was 20 years old and has a cracked heat exchanger and the A-coil was completely plugged. New 2 stage HVAC system installed last Monday with WiFi enabled thermostat.

I've installed two new ceiling fans and new smoke detectors (thankfully the smoke detectors were easy, old ones were First Alert, and new ones are too)....

Only bad thing.... ALL my stuff is still in boxes.....