Thread: Rotor selection
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 01:49 PM   #60 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
With rotors, IMHO, you get what you pay for, but there are some tricks

Before use, I cryo-treat mine which doubles rotor life when used with ultra-agressive race pads.

Rotor bedding is mandatory (manufacturer process).

Because DBA is an Australian company (that is the A in DBA) I do tend to use them but have used Brembo in the past to good effect.

I bought rotor rings and made my own hats as I have access to a mill/lathe.

Still not cheap though.

The other thing I did was use DBA 52102 rings as these are for a domestic AUS Ford Falcon GT ... and I bought off a race team who had to order a minimum quantity of 50 - they on-sold 10 pairs (I bought 2 sets) and kept the rest for their race team so it is always worth a lateral approach. I doubt Doran Racing have any 370Z bits left but for the price of a phone call, you never know.

Cold firing helps with life and the original pair has only just been swapped after 6 years of DD and maybe 10 track sessions per year.

Whatever you do, I'd strongly recommend cold-fire treatment.

PM me if you want details.
Thanks for the recommendation
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote