View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 12:37 PM   #55 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

*2nd Update Today* -- Informational!!!

So I gave Vortech a call asking if they upgrade the SCi blowers the same way 928 does.
They said the cost to upgrade the SCi to an SC is $306. You pay at the end, a lady will call you and ask for your payment information and you pay over the phone that way.
The upgrade that they service to is to replace the impeller with a better one that makes it a v3 SC blower.

I asked if they would take 928 parts and upgrade the blower that way with 928 parts but they said no -- that they only will do it with their parts only. I asked why, and he said because if the blower fails they don't want that to happen, I said well that would be the customer's fault and the customer's discretion as to them asking you guys to put it in or not.

Makes you kind of wonder are they only doing things for customers only or do they care about helping others at the same time? I mean, if I was a business, I would install it for them if they wish, as long as they sign something saying anything that goes wrong is not their fault afterward lol.

As for 928Motorsports, I read a full thread that had Car (The owner of 928) defend his company against someone who was crap talking them because he believed that they messed up his blower. So someone told Carl about the thread and how he was maliciously attacking 928, and Carl joined in and defended him and his company very well.
He asked if the guy could send in his blower to have 928 look at it to see the actual causes but all the guy would show is an ebay listing of pictures and how bad the blower parts looked lol.

Long story short -- he would refuse to send it to them for whatever reason which makes you wonder he probably has something to hide and is not willing to give into whatever that may be.

I want to send in my blower to 928 over Vortech because I trust Carl based on what I have researched and read. I believe they firmly stand behind their work and also some of the highest WHP supercharged Z's on this forum have had their blowers done by 928.

So in saying that, the cost of 928 is:
$1229 Base Pay + $36 Shipping + $30 additional optional rush order fee = $1295 USD.
The turn around time is about 2 weeks from the day the customer ships it and to the day it gets back to the customer.

I will give them a shot and send in my blower sometime next week (Probably Wed or Thursday) and hopefully get it back before May hits so it could be coming in at roughly the same time my engine does.

I will definitely keep you all updated on my journey and continuously upgrade the timeline as well.

================================================== ================
*Update 3 for Today*
I updated the OP regarding my tuner. It has all of his contact information on there and a bit of background information on him.
He isn't well known but I believe he is a very strong tuner and he has some unique qualities about him that made me give him a shot.
Originally I was set in stone going to Seb for my tune but I decided to give Eugene a shot and see how things go from there.
Seb has an excellent reputation already, and I know that I am in good hands with him if I went to him, however I decided to try someone who isn't very well known but whose customer service & support caught my attention (on top of the fact that he is 1 hour away from me and willing to visit me...to tune it which is unique IMO).

He does know a lot about 370z and Infiniti, and all about auto mechanical engineering and the ins and outs of why this and why that. Sometimes the information he provides to me is over the top of my head but I still try my best to understand, as one of his unique qualities is to educate his customers as best as possible about the tuning which I think a lot of tuners in the US don't do.

Last edited by cupcakez; 04-02-2018 at 05:26 PM.
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote