View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 10:27 AM   #50 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

*UPDATE*
I called Vortech Engineering today and asked about the impeller / ceramic bearing upgrade that 928Motorsports provides. Vortech said the cost to upgrade the SCi unit to the SC unit is $306. All they do is replace it with an upgraded impeller. I asked about the ceramic bearing that 928 gives and if Vortech does the same, and they said no.
Then I asked if it had any advantages they know of, and he said no -- at least not any solid data to prove the bearings helped it perform better.

Vortech also said that 928 is not even licensed to perform upgrades on Vortech units, and that they just made their own parts and deemed it so.
Apparently they do not know how to put back the supercharger together properly or take it apart, and if it is done correctly -- then it is done more incorrectly than correctly.
As a result of this, Vortech is receiving "quite a lot" of the 928Motorports blower upgrades for reparations because they break. And they break simply because it is not put back together properly and they do not know what they are doing more than they do know what they are doing.

Guy at Vortech also said he recommends that people do not send it into 928 for the super-vortech premium package upgrade.

I wanted to share this information with the community for anyone thinking of sending it to 928 or not.
If so, just send it into Vortech since they are the ones that built the units in the first place so they should know how to upgrade it properly as well.

Saved me about $1,000 USD, because I was planning to pay a rush order fee, rush shipping, and the whopping $1236 for the premium package upgrade from 928.
Now that I know I only need to spend $306...I can spend that money I was GOING to spend on something else! LOL Such as maybe a CJM S1-SE return fuel system xD

PS -- Also, I live in CA and Vortech HQ is also located in Southern California (I'm in Northern).
I feel a lot more at ease and safe sending it to Vortech HQ rather than 928...which is across the country T_T
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote